Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Natchez, Mississippi
On the road again!
Left Frisco, Texas last Friday at 10:30 at night and had an easy drive to Natchez. Arrived at Tourists Bureau about 7:00 AM. I dozed until they opened at 8:30. Got in there and purchased my series of Spring Pilgrimage tickets and after brushing my teeth and changing clothes I was on my way to tour Antebellum townhouses. Natchez has been having these Pilgrimages in the spring and fall for years and it goes on for weeks. People open up their homes and dress in period costumes and give the history of the house. Some focus on the furniture and some more on the people who have lived there.
Tours consist of morning and afternoon tours consisting of three houses. I have been touring for 4 days now. Every time I felt like I could not see another big house, I would pull up in front of another gorgeous home and get excited all over again. But I am slowing down. Its very tiring looking at all the beautiful furnishings, dainty Old Paris china and Barrack Chandeliers.












 

I am off to sit on the Veranda and sip my Mint Julep. Till next post bye y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on my posts or any travel story you would like to share. I'd love to hear them.