Thursday, March 28, 2013


Latest day trip - Denton, Texas. Promise to post pictures. I do not know how I forgot with my last entry with all the pictures I take! This nice historic town has lots of gingerbread houses, the University of North Texas and Texas Woman's University giving it a young energetic vibe.  It has a huge stone courthouse in the middle of the pleasant town square. I went on a Sunday and all the store except one and a couple of restaurant and bars were open. Young singles and families were sitting on the grass in front of courthouse chatting and munching goodies. The scene was intimate and friendly. But further near U N T was a scattering of restaurants and pubs full of students getting ready for the ST. Patrick's Day celebrations. Word of caution - the official website of Denton is awful. It is not helpful at all and then I had a very hard time getting out of it.
My friend and I spent the day at the Dallas Botanical Gardens. It was 80 degrees and sunny. We had high tea and walked around enjoying the beautiful flowers.

                                                                                    
 Weather is improving in most areas so I will be back on the road soon.  My friend left today to take care of business in Denver. I chose not to go but it is very quiet and strange without her in this big house. Till the next American town - Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on my posts or any travel story you would like to share. I'd love to hear them.