Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Texas Wind
I am still in Texas and will be until end of March. Texas has not heard of March wind. It seems to have strong wind all the time. But that has an advantage. I take less time with my hair and wear hats. I take allergy medications and always have a scarf handy for when the wind gets icy. I could be in worse places in the winter but I have to complain a little. I am having a good visit with my friend, helped her around the house,  have gone to some plays and concerts and eaten a lot of good food. Lucky me she likes to cook. I've been to a fashion show luncheon where they modeled authentic vintage clothing along with some replicas and met some nice ladies.  Last Sunday I drove to Waxahachie, Texas. Built on the cotton and cattle economy it is full of beautiful gingerbread homes and a historical landmark courthouse described as Richardsonian Romanesque.  It is a giant of a stone building sitting in the middle of town with four porches and carved faces.
It claims to have an impressive list of movies filmed in and near their town including the 1967 Bonnie and Clyde.  I could totally an old sedan racing around the town square. There is a lovely walking and biking path near some abandoned railroad tracks. The daffodils and hyacinths are popping out and my friend's beautiful weeping willow tree is all buds. When I walk now I hear the birds singing and the doves are nesting. Beauty is always near wherever you are. Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on my posts or any travel story you would like to share. I'd love to hear them.