Still in Texas. I am enjoying my stay with my friend. Weather is up and down. 78 one day and cold the next and the wind here is constant. Tomorrow we go to a vintage fashion show and tea in McKinney,Texas. Looking forward to that. I have discovered an historic cemetery called Pecan Grove and I love to sit there and draw the trees. I swim almost everyday and walk. The building here is absolutely astonishing. Construction of housing developments are frantically being built. Houses are going up so fast I can't imagine the shape they will be in in ten years time. I have already seen them replacing stone walls on these new developments. When I am walking there are large sections of sidewalk that are crumbling. It is like the Stepford Wives movie. Everything looks alike. All houses are Texas Traditional and huge. Ranches and fields are disappearing everyday. If I didn't see this I would never believe it. Meanwhile I try to enjoy what is still here.
When weather gets better I would like to see the hill country and San Antonio. Meanwhile I am drawing and enjoying the marvelous museums they have here in Texas.
Till the next time. J
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments on my posts or any travel story you would like to share. I'd love to hear them.