Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's been way too long since I posted. Sorry. I left Santa Fe a week early because of bad weather but not before going to Taos, a beautiful place I am determined to revisit in the spring.  After a hot hearty breakfast we toured the art museum and had a great talk with Don Ward the showcased and long time resident artist whose "Visual Impressions" are beautiful.  The museum is housed in the home of  Nicolai Fechin who built the house in 1927 and was a successful artist in Russia when he came to New Mexico. He built most of the home himself including the carved woodwork and was a talented painter.  After a brief walk around town and checking out a store or two with my friend, we ended the visit early because a snow storm was on it's way that day. I also canceled a trip to see a former San Diegan friend who lives in Silver City because of the road conditions. The next day we packed up and started out for my friend's home in Texas. I will stay with her for awhile before continuing my road trip. Next time ..... Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on my posts or any travel story you would like to share. I'd love to hear them.