Well I have been in Santa Fe for 1 week and 3 days. It's been a wild ride so far. I arrived in springtime weather, then we had a blizzard, resulting in being snowed in for a couple of days. Then it snowed some more, big white fluffy flakes. I had the flu and then it was springtime again. And in between I have walked around the historic plaza, visited museums, and been to the historic town of Las Vegas, New Mexico. It's been great. Sometimes when I can't drive down the icy road where I am staying I walk. It an easy mile away. The sky is so blue and the clouds are like cotton balls. It is truly a beautiful place with clean crisp air. The art is fantastic and the amount of Galleries even more impressive. I have to admit though that driving in snow and ice is scary for me as a San Diegan but I won't let the weather keep me in unless I think it will be dangerous. Then I stay in and give myself a facial and draw. The highlight of this trip so far is the International Folk Art Museum. The Alexander Gerard collection is so huge and awesome that I can't do it justice in words. There is folk art from all over the world and set up in tableaus. There is a Colonial American village, scenes from Venice Italy, Poland and Mexico to list just a few. Then there are trains, dolls, animals, textiles and toys. The amount of items are astounding. Tomorrow I am of to Albuquerque for 3 or 4 days.
Till next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments on my posts or any travel story you would like to share. I'd love to hear them.